A Wheeled Coach Type I Ambulance represents the best in the EMS Industry. Each Type I vehicle is computer-designed and manufactured to perform under the most demanding circumstances. In addition, Wheeled Coach ambulances are thoroughly tested and certified to be some of the safety emergency vehicles on the road. Type I ambulances have been modular body certified to the IIHS Side Impact Dynamic Test, SAE J2180 - NFPA 1901 section 184.108.40.206 Tilt Table Test, SAE J2420 NFPA 1901 Cab Integrity Test and SAE J2422 and EDE R29 in NFPA 1901 Modular Body Roof Test.
They also offer a Type I ambulance geared specifically for fire departments that provide rescue services. That unit is called the FireMedic Series ambulance. It is designed to meet the unique demands firefighters have in a rescue unit. Available with or without a walk-thru, each FireMedic ambulances is fully customizable and built to deliver superior results under the most rigorous situations.
STANDARD FEATURES ON A WHEELED COACH TYPE I AMBULANCE
Wheeled Coach offers Type I ambulance configurations on Dodge, Chevy or Ford. Every Type I ambulance from Wheeled Coach includes standard features such as:
- 15-year modular body warranty
- Single sheet seamless construction without exposed door jambs
- Bright finished diamond plate flip up rear step with Gator Grip surface
- Limited lifetime electrical warranty
- Full floating automotive style compartment door handles
- Patient compartment checkout lights with 15-minute timer
- Reflective rub-rails with multiple color choices
- (3) Fluorescent lights in patient compartment
- Large handicap style grab handles on side and rear doors with powder coated safety yellow coating
- LonPlate II raised diamond plate vinyl flooring
- Rear high back captain’s chair with 3-point harness
- Seamless upholstery